How to care for cashmere?
Cashmere wool, if properly cared for, is very durable and therefore a good investment. So here are a few tips for proper care:
- Cashmere should not be washed too often - airing it out between wears is often quite enough.
- Small stains can be removed by hand with warm water and wool detergent.
- If you wash cashmere in the washing machine, you should make sure that the washing machine spins at low speed and washes cold in hand - or wool wash cycle.
- A special cashmere shampoo is suitable for the wash cycle.
- Afterwards, you can let the sweater air briefly in the dryer cold, so the knitted stitches become particularly soft.
- Never hang the cashmere sweater on the clothesline! Lay the sweater on a spread out towel to dry.
- Store the sweater lying in the closet to prevent it from wearing out.
What is cashmere?
The noble cashmere wool is obtained exclusively from the undercoat of the cashmere goat. The fibers of this wool are particularly fine and soft. The cashmere goat got its name because of its original home in the Himalayas and Pamir Mountains, which is located in the region of the former principality of Kashmir. Since only a few hundred grams can be obtained during the shearing of a goat's fur in a whole year, cashmere is very valuable and expensive.
When to wear a cashmere sweater?
The cashmere sweater is the ideal garment for the cold season, when the days are getting shorter and the temperatures are falling steadily. Because due to the fine fibers, the sweater is very soft and perfect to warm the body. But the best thing is that it is very fashionable, so even in winter you can shine with a stylish and chic outfit.