How to properly combine a turtleneck sweater?
How to combine turtleneck sweaters for men correctly
The turtleneck sweater is a staple in men's fashion, as it is practical, stylish and timeless to boot. You can combine it with all kinds of clothes and create a successful outfit every time.
- Men's turtlenecks in plain colors like beige, gray or white go perfectly with black jeans or chino pants. But if you want to imitate Steve Jobs, who wears a black turtleneck sweater with blue jeans at every presentation, you can of course do the same.
- Turtlenecks in more striking colors like red, orange or blue are also best combined with black pants, whether jeans, chino pants or cloth pants.
- For a business brunch you should rather reach for the chino or cloth pants, but at a party you can wear the the turtleneck sweater with jeans.
- For the office, you can combine blazers and jackets very well with the turtleneck sweater. Coordinated with the matching trousers, this results in a stylish, elegant outfit for business occasions.
- For a casual look, on the other hand, shirt jackets or leather jackets are ideal. Especially on milder days, you can take these casual classics out of your closet.
- In winter, you can perfectly combine the turtleneck sweater for men with a thick winter jacket with hood or a coat. You can wear the jacket either directly over the sweater, or on very cold days additionally over the jacket or shirt jacket.
- You can also perfectly combine the turtleneck outfit with casual and comfortable sneakers. White sneakers are best for this, because they give the look a rounding accent.
- But formal leather shoes will also go perfectly with the turtleneck sweater for men, if it is also worn with a more formal trousers, such as chinos.
- Turtlenecks for men can also be perfectly combined with a stylish beanie. You can never go wrong with a black beanie, but you can also create a bold look with a colorful beanie.
- To refine the look, you can also wear any accessories. For example, a large, eye-catching necklace is a good choice, because through it you can "spice up" the mostly plain sweater. But also with rings or a big watch you can give the outfit that certain something.
Suitable occasions for turtleneck sweater
If the turtleneck sweater is not too tight and is combined with chino pants or cloth pants, you wear patent leather shoes and only discreet accessories, it is ideal for formal occasions. But it is also perfect for weddings or other meetings.
But if it is casually combined with a pair of jeans and flashy jewelry, the turtleneck sweater is just right for leisure. Because to barbecues or to go for a walk, you make exactly the right choice with him.
But also for sports, the turtleneck sweater for men is perfect, because it keeps the upper body and also the neck warm when jogging outdoors.