How to wear a tie pin correctly? The accessory is still new territory for many gentlemen. Some gentlemen tend to wear the tie pin very low. That's why here are a few tips on how to wear the tie pin properly:
- The tie clip should be worn between the 3rd and 4th shirt buttons and should be at the same level as the breast pocket. Because if you fasten the tie pin too low, it will be covered by the jacket. If it is worn too high, it will lose its functionality.
- Always place the tie pin perpendicular to the tie.
- Don't just attach it to the tie. To ensure that the tie stays in place, make sure that the tie clip is also clamped to the shirt placket.
- Make sure that when placing the tie pin, do not damage your tie.
- To avoid ripples and wrinkles in the tie, do not push the tie clip too far. After all, the tie should lie smooth and flat.
Tie pin size
Tie pin should never exceed the width of the tie. So, when choosing the right tie clip, the width of the tie is crucial. The basic rule is that the length of the tie pin should be no more than three quarters of the width of the tie. To do this, you should measure your tie between the third and fourth shirt button.
What do you need a tie pin for?
Imagine: You're sitting at a business dinner, sampling from your wonderfully fragrant soup. You bend over your appetizer and your tie ends up in the soup. To save you from this embarrassing situation, there is the tie pin. With this accessory, you will not only look particularly elegant at your meeting, but above all, the tie pin fixes your tie so that it stays in the right place. Thus, it prevents the tie from falling into your food. But also on windy days the tie pin is the perfect accessory. Fixing it will keep your tie straight and you will look perfectly styled in any weather condition. In addition to the functional benefits of the tie pin, the tie clip is also a real eye-catcher visually. By wearing the right tie pin, you will make a fashion statement!
Tie pin in gold and silver
For a cohesive and stylish outfit, it's important to match the metal and color of your tie pin to the metal of your cufflinks and belt buckle. Are you wearing silver colored cufflinks? Opt for a tie clip in silver. Do you prefer gold-colored accessories? Then choose a tie pin in gold. So be sure to match the metals of your accessories to perfectly complete your look. Discover our selection of tie pin in gold and silver here.